Reasons to Proof Read Your Assignments:
I accidentally wrote “pubic health” instead of “public health” many times…
This paper took an unexpected turn…
"How the fuck did you make your Hawkeye costume?" A photoset.
Okay. Let’s go!
Hi. I’m Lisa Marie aaaaaaand this is my Hawkeye costume. Since I started making it it Feb ‘13 I have had hundreds of messages about it… it’s getting tedious answering them all so this, is a FAQ.
Where did you buy the vest?
I made it.
Where did you get the bow?
eBay. I won it in an auction for £16. I scouered eBay for two days, found it and sniped it.
How did you make the vest?
Using purple and black jersey fabrics, black pleather, a 20ish inch zip, buckles, rivets and elastic.
I mocked the pattern up myself using my mannequin, did the black base first then added the purple panels. Sew in the zip, and the pleather details, buckles and you’re set.
How did you get it to fit so well… /Why did you use jersey?
This is a Rule 63 version (…duh). For my female Hawkeye I wanted to keep all the elements of Renners Avengers costume, but shape them to a female form. Thus. Jersey fabrics provide the required stretch.
How did you make the arm guards?
Elastic, D rings, cardboard, gesso and spray paint.
How did you make the finger guard?
Scrap jersey from the vest, elastic. Sewn together.
Where did you get the (new) patch?
I made it myself from black pleather
A Quick Update on the Current:
- Attempting to apply to grad school and write a paper where I need an A so an MSW program will choose me to one of the 40 people they accept for the year. Also attempting to convince professors to write me letters of recommendations…
- Sitting with a big bowl of Halloween candy in front of me and stress eating all of the chocolate. This bowl may not last until Thursday…
- Drinking too much coffee but trying to chase away a stress head ache with water and tylenol.
- Pretending my room isn’t in shambles and the laundry will fold itself and magically be put away.
- Starting a 3 day training to become certified by NOVA, the National Organization for Victim Assistance.
- Already started conducting phone counseling independently at my internship. Most of my classmates won’t start anything like this until January. Apparently I have progressed fast?
- Obtained a police identification badge from my internship and an e-token that allows me to use databases, appropriately of course.
- Saw my kidney specialist yesterday. My “abnormal kidney” has normal kidney function. My cretin levels were at 69 but fluctuates from 69 to 72. My bad cholesterol dropped 20% since last year. Got yelled at for not taking my medication and warned about what the future of my kidneys look like if I don’t take medication.
- Trying to find some relaxation to ease with my stress so I have started playing my DS again… when I have time between 30 hours of internship, 3 hours of class (+6 hours of reading/writing), 15 hours of part-time work and sleep… somewhere…